Outlook version that comes by default Windows 11 It’s gotten a lot better, but it may not be your favorite email client. If you want to change the one you use by default in the Microsoft operating system, we will tell you how to do it completely safely and quickly.
The first thing you need to know is that by doing this don’t endanger messages that you have saved in your e-mail, so you should not be afraid to follow the steps that we will indicate. Also, the whole process reversible. So if you change the Windows settings so that Firefox’s Thunderbird always opens for you to write or receive emails, don’t worry, if you want to use Outlook again, you can do it without the slightest problem. In short, what you do is not something that permanently affects you.
So you can replace windows 11 mail
We leave you with the steps you need to take to change the application you want to use by default when managing mail in the world’s most widely used operating system (always speaking of computers, both desktops and laptops). By the way, it is absolutely necessary for you to be able to do what we tell you, application loaded before doing anything. Otherwise, you cannot make the relevant changes.
this is what you have to do to do In the Microsoft operating system that allows you to make a large number of changes to the use options, which we must accept:
- For example, enter the operating system configuration, something you can achieve using the Windows + I key combination.
- Now, in the window that opens, you must select Applications on the left side and then do the same with Default applications.
- Now click on the search bar and type in the name of the application you have installed and want to be the default mail (for example, Thunderbird). Click on the result to access the configuration options for this enhancement.
- Find the MAILTO option and select the app you want to be the default. Check before confirming that the selection is correct and continue if it is.
- Once this is done you are done as you have changed the default options in Windows 11 for mail management.
As you can see, everything is quite simple and you can change the selected option as many times as you want by following the steps outlined. So if you try a new email app and find you don’t like it and set it to default in Windows, you know you can go back without the slightest hassle.
Source: Cincodias Elpais