A few weeks after the premiere, the expectation Flash. The ups and downs experienced by the big cinematic bet that will restart the DC Extended Universe during its production, especially due to the controversy that has been involved Ezra MillerIt seems they are in the past. to the point that Andy Muschiettithe director of the film assured that no one could replace the main character in a hypothetical sequel.
In a podcast episode discourse, which will be released in the coming days, the Argentine director didn’t shy away from questions about how Miller’s disagreements could affect his reappearance as Barry Allen in future productions in the franchise. Nevertheless, made it impossible to hand over the role to a new actor if the sequel is approved. At least as long as he remains attached to the project as director.
Talking about whether Ezra Miller will return to star in a hypothetical next installment FlashMuschietti left no doubt. “If there is a sequel, then yes. I don’t think there is anyone who could play this character as well as them. You said that the two Barrys seem like characters made for them,” the director said.
It is worth clarifying that the reference to “they” when talking about Ezra Miller is due to the fact that the artist is non-binary and identifies himself in English under pronouns They/their. But these statements make it clear that, at least for Andy Muschietti and those around him, future Flash It’s basically Miller or nobody..
“During filming, he was brilliant and the most dedicated and professional actor. Ezra gave his all to this role, physically, creatively and emotionally,” she said. Barbara Muschiettimanufacturer Flash and the director’s sister.
Muschietti wants Ezra Miller and no one else for a possible sequel Flash
Production Flash It was marked by the Ezra Miller controversy. In April 2022, following his arrest for disturbing the peace at a Hawaiian bar, Warner Bros. held an emergency meeting to take action on the matter. However, this was later refuted.
A few months later, in August, the actor was again in the eye of the storm after he was accused of robbing a house. The event, after which he apologized and admitted that he was suffering from “complicated mental health issues” for which he had already been treated. Despite the facts, the premiere Flash never been in danger.
Actually, the trailer for the film was received extremely positively. The return of Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck as Batman, as well as the participation of Michael Shannon, who has already participated in man of Steel like General Zod, created a lot of anticipation among the fans. The same can be said for the appearance of Sasha Kalle as Supergirl/Kara Zor-El.
The words of Andy and Barbara Muschietti are new praise for Ezra Miller’s great work, despite his controversy. And they add to the words of Shannon himself, who recently described the actor as “charming and very kind” during the filming of the film. Flash.
But it’s reality the final word on this issue will be with the studio managers. Earlier this year, Peter Safran, co-CEO of DC Studios, made it clear that no decision had yet been made on Ezra Miller’s future. “Ezra is fully committed to his recovery. We fully support the journey they are on now. When the time comes, when they feel they are ready to discuss, we will all figure out how best to move forward,” he said.
It is logical to assume that success Flash – opens June 16 – it will be crucial to find out what will happen to Ezra Miller. If the film, directed by Muschietti, lives up to expectations and is a worldwide success, the director’s succession and the actor’s return to the franchise will certainly be easier to decide.
Source: Hiper Textual