Russian perfume manufacturer Lemonade filed a lawsuit against Calvin Klein, banks and markets opposed the decision of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation to create new players in the payments and other events market on September 22.
- The Authors Guild of America and a group of writers have filed a class-action lawsuit against OpenAI alleging violation of their copyrights.
- Banks and markets opposed the decision of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation to create new players in the payments market. They justify their criticism with the risks of fraud and the increased costs of the new statute.
- Sovcombank has completed the process of allocating blocked assets. Before the introduction of sanctions, foreign currency assets accounted for about 20% of the bank’s balance sheet; It is unknown how many of them were transferred to the new structure, Kommersant learned.
- Digital asset management service Mesh (formerly known as Front Finance) has closed a $22 million Series A funding round.
- During the eight months of 2023, demand for repairs of large and small household appliances has increased in Russia. The number of applications depending on the category of equipment increased by 20 to 100%, writes Kommersant.
- Russian perfume maker Lemonade filed a lawsuit against Calvin Klein over the Flame brand. However, despite the departure of the American company from the domestic market, it will most likely not be possible to sue for the rights to the trademark, Vedomosti reports.
I am a professional journalist and content creator with extensive experience writing for news websites. I currently work as an author at Gadget Onus, where I specialize in covering hot news topics. My written pieces have been published on some of the biggest media outlets around the world, including The Guardian and BBC News.