iPhone 15 and iPhone 14: comparison, differences, changes and features
After the arrival of the new iPhone 15, it is time to compare them with the iPhone 14, these are all differences and improvements.
iPhone 15 will replace the iPhone 14, one of the best-selling smartphones of its generation. And everything indicates that it will be much better. HE iPhone 15 comes with a good dose of new features and changesA deeper refresh of the iPhone 14 compared to the iPhone 13.
Most of the differences between the iPhone 15 and iPhone 14 are visible to the naked eye, but we also have a lot of internal improvements. in this Comparison between iPhone 15 and iPhone 14 You will discover all the differences between both devices.
- What are the differences between iPhone 15 and iPhone 13?
- Comparison of features and specifications: iPhone 15 and iPhone 14
- Specifications table
- Is it worth buying the iPhone 15 if I have an iPhone 14?
- Does it make more sense to buy the iPhone 15 or the iPhone 14?
What are the differences between iPhone 15 and iPhone 13?
This year the differences are significant; The iPhone 14 didn’t improve much compared to the iPhone 13 in a few aspects, but iPhone 15 is much more advanced than iPhone 14. These are the main changes:
- Dynamic Island instead of notch.
- A16 Bionic Chip.
- 48 megapixel main camera.
- Super high resolution photos (24 and 48 Mpx)
- 2x “optical” zoom.
- USB-C instead of Lightning.
- Brighter screen.
- New colors.
Comparison of features and specifications: iPhone 15 and iPhone 14
|iPhone 15||iPhone 14|
|Screen||Super Retina XDR
1,000 nits maximum brightness (2,000 outdoor)
|Super Retina XDR
800 nits maximum brightness
|Screen dimensions||6.1 inches||6.1 inches|
|Resolution and density||2,556 x 1,179 pixels
460 per person
|2,532 x 1,170 pixels
460 per person
|Processor||A16 Bionic||A15 Bionic|
|OS||iOS 17||iOS 17|
|cameras||Main room: 48mpx
Ultra wide angle camera: 12mpx
|Main room: 12mpx
Ultra wide angle camera: 12mpx
|Battery||20 hours of video playback||20 hours of video playback|
|Others||Dynamic Island, Dual SIM, Face ID, IP68 water resistance, MagSafe, Ceramic Shield, True Tone, Super high resolution photos (24 and 48 Mpx), Crash detection, satellite link||Dual SIM, Face ID, IP68 water resistance, MagSafe, Ceramic Shield, True Tone, Crash detection, satellite connection|
The overall design of the two iPhones is quite similar, using aluminum in the frame and glass on the back. With a square camera module with two diagonally placed sensors. But, There are quite a few subtle changes and some not so subtle ones.. Let’s analyze them all:
- Dynamic Island. A significant change that affects the design and functionality of the iPhone 15. No more notches, now entry-level iPhones also have a dynamic island with all its great functions.
- rounded edges. It’s a change that’s imperceptible to the naked eye, but the corners of the aluminum frames are now slightly rounded.
- matte glass. The back glass of the iPhone 15 now has a matte finish, like the iPhone Pro has so far, while the iPhone 14 has a glossy finish.
- change in colors. Apple completely changed its color range this year, opting for pastel tones and eliminating white. There are Pink, Yellow, Blue, Green and Black options for iPhone 15.
Another The points where we find the most differences between iPhone 15 and iPhone 14. Apple has included a massive 48-megapixel sensor in the main camera of the iPhone 15, which increases the resolution of the iPhone 14 camera by 4 times and also allows 2x zoom at 12 megapixel resolution.
- iPhone 14 main camera: 48 MP, ƒ/1.6 aperture and 2 μm quad pixels.
- iPhone 14 main camera: 12 MP has 1.5 aperture and 1.9 μm pixels.
But the best features of the iPhone 15 camera are not limited to technical specifications; Thanks to the software and the A16 Bionic chip we have many more new features:
- 12MP 2x optical zoom.
- Next generation portraits with Depth and Focus Control.
- 24 and 48 MP super high resolution photos.
this cannot be seen iPhone 14 and iPhone 15 screens are not the sameNot even the size. Although Apple introduces these as 6.1″ screens, there are subtle differences between them. iPhone 14’s screen is 6.06 inches, iPhone 15’s screen is 6.12 inches. So the iPhone 15 screen is slightly larger, which allows it to have slightly more resolution.
But the differences don’t end there, The iPhone 15 screen has some interesting improvements Compared to the iPhone 14, especially when it comes to brightness:
- iPhone 15 screen: 6.12 inches, 2,556 x 1,179 pixels, 1,000 nits peak brightness (typical), 1,600 nits peak brightness (HDR), and 2,000 nits peak brightness (outdoor).
- iPhone 14 screen: 6.06 inches, 2,532 x 1,170 pixels, 800 nits peak brightness (typical) and 1,300 nits peak brightness (HDR).
There’s a generation leap in this department, with the iPhone 15’s A16 Bionic chip significantly superior to the A15 Bionic chip found in the iPhone 14. The improvement in multi-core behavior is between 15% and 20% power, so that’s one significant difference. To bring this data to life, the score achieved by the chips in Geekbench is as follows:
- A16 Bionic Chip (iPhone 15): 2642 in single core, 6947 in multi-core.
- A15 Bionic Chip (iPhone 14): 2330 in single core, 5778 in multi-core.
In this chapter we have no differenceAt least according to the data shared by Apple. iPhone 15 and iPhone 14 achieve the same results in terms of autonomy:
- play video: Up to 20 hours.
- video streaming: Up to 16 hours.
- play audio: Up to 80 hours.
- Fast charging: Charge up to 50% in 30 minutes.
The important difference is iPhone 15 is 50 euros cheaper than the iPhone 14. Even though the price of the iPhone 14 has now dropped, this is something to keep in mind.
- iPhone 15 starting price: 959 euros.
- iPhone 14 starting price: 1.009 Euros.
- iPhone 15 current price: 859 euros.
Is it worth buying the iPhone 15 if I have an iPhone 14?
It doesn’t always make sense to switch from one iPhone generation to another. HE iPhone 14 remains a highly capable and highly recommended smartphoneHowever, it is true that we are experiencing much better and more interesting developments in the new generation this year than in other years.
I If only the camera is important to you, I recommend switching to the new iPhone 15. With 48 megapixels, the iPhone 15 takes a significant step forward in quality, as well as the 12-megapixel 2x optical zoom, which is practically as if it had a third sensor.
Does it make more sense to buy the iPhone 15 or the iPhone 14?
Although the current price difference between the iPhone 15 and iPhone 14 is 100 euros, this may vary depending on the we find. But despite the price difference I think iPhone 15 is much more recommended and it’s worth the extra expense.
We have important improvements such as: brighter screen, Dynamic Island or 48-megapixel main camera It’s really worth investing a little more for this. If you are going to buy one of these, my advice is to choose the iPhone 15.
Source: i Padizate