One of the big surprises we’ve gotten from Apple lately is the launch of its second generation. homepod smart speaker. It came at a time that few expected, and it shows that the Cupertino company is committed to accessories that are useful in the home. Well, we will tell you how to use one of the functions included: humidity and temperature sensors.
Interestingly, while announcing the new device software updated control of these devices – and mini version-. And among the things that have been improved inside is the activation of the aforementioned sensors in the smallest speakers in Apple’s HomePod lineup (which has had these elements since the last generation launched). Therefore, if you have one of them, what we will mention also affects you, as you can benefit from its use. increase your chances that’s what these devices offer when it comes to being useful at home and taking advantage of Siri.
So you can use the sensors of the Apple HomePod
One of the things that should be clear is that you need to update their software to be able to use the sensors we mentioned to know the current temperature or humidity where the smart speakers are located. you have to flash firmware to version 16.3, because otherwise the usage will not be able to achieve it. Once you’ve done that, here’s what you need to do to take advantage of them:
- Open the Home app (or Hogar) on an iPhone or iPad
- Now you need to select the room where the HomePod you want to use is located. Then click on Climate to access its options that let you know the sensors. This tool is at the top of the screen.
- At this point, what you need to do is to look at the readings offered by the sensors, which are activated with the firmware update in the upper area, there is no loss. Something as positive as it is interesting is that if you have several HomePods in a room, what you will see is the average of all available readings.
- Click on each reading to see more options and even rename some items or see if the hardware status is sufficient.
- By doing this, you already know how to use the gentlemen in Apple’s smart speakers.
It’s important to know that it can take time for the sensors to work properly until a few minutes have passed since the HomePod update. Also, since Apple now provides compatibility with Tin Matter, the information can be used to manage and execute scheduled actions on other devices.
Source: Cincodias Elpais