As we said in the introduction, the PlayStation 5 is not a console that doesn’t have problems. In any technological device, it is normal to have some kind of problem.
PS5 failures occur randomly due to system glitches, becoming the Achilles tendon of this device.
These types of crashes do not only occur in certain circumstances, as they can occur while we are playing games, and even when we are simply operating the console for some reason.
It can be interpreted that there are problems with a specific game, with a controller or with the console itself, since this freeze occurs in any situation, so it is extremely difficult to find out exactly what it is connected with.
The only certainty in all of this is that these types of crashes are a headache for the user and also bring a lot of frustration to the user, especially if the lock occurs during a critical part of the development of any game.
Luckily, most of these errors that the PS5 console suffers from, you can easily try to fix without thinking about many of them.
We must be clear that if we are still under warranty on the console, the solutions we are about to present to you may be useful at the moment, but the best thing is that we take it in for repair the moment they appear again.
We will see a number of solutions that can help us so that this device allows us to play and have no more problems. These solutions that we are about to present to you do not guarantee one hundred percent that the PS5 will work correctly, nor that errors will not appear again in the future.
In many cases, the problem is not with the console itself, but with the game we are trying to play.
Often the release dates of certain games are much more important than solving certain problems they could cause, and they wanted to get the experience out of the game by understating a few whole numbers.
This is mainly because many games today make download to console, which can cause any error with the given data at the moment. The most striking example in Cyberpunk 2077 releasegame released with many bugs.
What we must never lose sight of is patches that are released of all the games we have. For this reason, it might be interesting to browse the official website of the game we want to play or browse its social networks and thus find out which ones have come out to solve problems.
In addition to checking these patches, you must not forget to install all updates on the console itself show us just how playableas there may also be a solution to the problems it causes.
To check for these updates, follow these steps:
- We press PS5 button on DualSense controller to go to the main screen.
- We allocate the game that does not work
- We push the button Options on the controller to open a small menu with in-game actions.
- We have to scroll down and select Search for updates.
- Next, select the update, if it is available, and then wait for it to be installed on the console.
After all this, it is quite possible that the problem has disappeared.
If not, you should continue reading.
Another reason for these errors may be related to firmware problem from the console.
Obviously, if Sony finds that its software is causing any problem, it will work on an update that will be sent to users when it’s ready.
In addition to using updates to add new functionality to the console, they are also used to address security concerns.
This is why it is very important that our PS5 has the latest system update available:
- We take DualSense to navigate the following.
- We choose gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select an option Systemthen type software.
- Go back down and click on Updating and configuring system software.
- In chapter Update system software, we will see an available update or the phrase Updated. If there is an update that we can install, we select it to start the whole process.
If we had problems installing a firmware update, it could be download the update to a USB stick and install it manually in the console.
To do this, you must follow these steps:
- We connect USB stick to our computer, PC or Mac.
- We create on the computer fat32 folder titled PS5 on a USB stick.
- Inside the PS5 folder we create another folder named UPDATE.
- Now let’s go to the PlayStation system software page.
- AT How to update your PS5 console system softwareclick the PS5 console update file button.
- Download the update file as PS5 UPDATE.PUPPY in the UPDATE folder on the USB stick.
- Connecting a USB drive to your PS5 console.
- Pressing the power button on the console until you hear a double beep to boot into safe mode.
- We choose the option Update system software.
- Select “Update from USB”.
- Finally, click OK to confirm the installation.
On this system, the firmware update will be installed to the console from the USB drive.
If we still have problems, the best thing to do is to factory reset the console and then try to reinstall the updates.
In many cases, the PS5 crashing issue is due to the fact that dual meaning controller there is some problem.
If we don’t have any lag with the controller movements on the screen, this will be an indication that there is a problem with the synchronization or the connection itself.
We can solve this by trying restart console before reconnecting the DualSense controller. We might as well try connecting manually controller with PS5 via USB Type-C cable.
For desperate moments factory reset inserting a paperclip into the small hole on the back of the controller, press the hidden reset button (3-5 seconds). We must not forget that this must be done with the console turned off.
Sleeping mode designed to make power consumption is less. However, this ability can also cause problems, so we must disable it.
To do this, we must do the following:
- On PlayStation 5 we choose gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now in the menu bar on the left side we select System.
- we chose Energy saving.
- We choose Set the time until the PS5 goes into rest mode.
- To disable the feature, we must select Do not put into sleep mode.
If we still have problems at this stage, it is clear that there is no solution, so we will have no choice but to entrust the repair to Sony.
If we have it under warranty it will be a big advantage, but if it no longer works the costs can be high. In this case, each user must decide.
You can order a repair as follows:
- Let’s go to the PlayStation repair support site.
- We choose Playstation 5.
- we chose Turning on and locking the system.
- Now follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
We hope that with all the points we’ve just seen, your PS5 lock issues have been resolved.
If this fails, it will always be necessary to send it to the technical service so that they can fix it, as we have already told you.
Source: Computer Hoy