AirPods user guide: 15 things you need to know
With these tips, you’ll master your AirPods like no one else and get the most out of them.
This AirPods are one of the most popular Apple devices and they created a new market that didn’t exist before. There are a lot of Apple users who use AirPods and are considering buying, and we’ve created a guide for them all with everything they need to know about Apple’s 100% wireless earbuds.
The AirPods catalog is growing over time and there are four models available: AirPods 2, AirPods 3, AirPods Pro and AirPods Max. Different models for different types of users.
Set up your new AirPods
Right out of the box, that’s the first step: get your AirPods working by pairing them with your iPhone, iPad or Mac. The good thing is that it’s very simple and Once connected to one of your devices, they will automatically work with all of them. Devices associated with your Apple account.
To do this, all you have to do is Turn on the AirPods near an Apple device, preferably an iPhone or iPad because an animation will appear on the screen where you can connect them. From the Mac, you will need to go to the Bluetooth settings to go through these.
This is one of the coolest features of AirPods and allows us to listen to the notifications that reach us on iPhone without having to do anything. The first time you set up your AirPods, Apple will ask you to decide if you want to turn this option on. You can also manage later Settings > Notifications > Announce notifications.
Hey use Siri
Using Siri with AirPods is great if it asks you to send a message or call a contact or start one of your favorite songs without touching your iPhone. All AirPods models except original AirPods support “Hey Siri”, so just say it to start using the wizard. We can also use touch controls to summon Siri.
Set up touch controls for AirPods
AirPods include a set of touch controls that allow us to: access specific shortcuts Like pausing a song, skipping tracks, or calling Siri. These controls are applied by tapping or pressing the “bar” of the AirPods and can be customized from the settings:
- With AirPods connected, go to iPhone Settings.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Tap the “i” icon that appears next to the name of your AirPods.
- Choose what you want each gesture to do.
It’s interesting to put a recognizable name on our AirPods, especially if you have more than one at home, you can do it from any device the AirPods are connected to.
- From iPhone, iPad or iPod touch: Go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the “i” button next to AirPods. Tap the current name, enter a new name and tap OK.
- from a Mac: Go to Apple menu > System Preferences and click Bluetooth. Control-click the AirPods, select Rename, enter a new name, and click Rename.
This means AirPods lights
All AirPods models have an LED light that indicates different states. Some models have this light outside, others inside, and you need to know what each color means.
- flashing white light: AirPods are ready to start pairing with a device.
- Orange light with AirPods inside the case: AirPods battery is less than 50% and charging.
- Orange light when AirPods are out of the case: Case has less than 50% charge.
- AirPods charging orange light: Means that your bag is starting to charge.
- Green light with AirPods in the case: Indicates that the wireless headset has reached maximum charge.
- Green light when AirPods are out of the case: Indicates that the case has reached its maximum charge.
- Green light with AirPods charging: Since both the case and AirPods are 100% charged, it’s time to disconnect the charger from power.
- flashing orange light: a pairing error.
- Dark: means that the battery is completely consumed. You have to connect them to a power source to turn them back on.
See battery percentage of AirPods
The battery is an essential element and although the lights can tell us whether we have too much or too little battery, It is important to know the exact percentage of battery remaining on our AirPods. We can see the battery percentage from the device the AirPods are connected to, the options are:
- from iPhone or iPad: just by opening the case nearby we will see an animation showing the battery charge. We can also add the battery widget to see the percentage at any time. Another option is to ask Siri.
- from Apple Watch: In Control Center click on battery percentage icon. In addition to the watch battery, the charge level of each AirPod and the case will also appear.
- from mac: Tap the Bluetooth icon in the status bar to see the battery.
Use a single AirPod
A trick that few people know. We can only use one AirPod, keeping the other in its case. Note that when you take out an AirPod and put it in its case, the sound will stop, so restart playback.
Answer calls from AirPods
AirPods are great for answering calls, and you can do this very quickly with gestures:
- On 1st and 2nd generation AirPods: Double-tap on the left or right AirPod.
- On AirPods 3 and AirPods Pro: press the left or right “stick”.
AirPods compatible with Spatial Sound
Spatial Sound lets us Listen to music in a new, much more immersive way. AirPods that support this feature are:
- AirPods Pro
- AirPods Max.
- AirPods (3rd generation)
AirPods water resistant
AirPods just got better and now we have water and sweat resistant models, although of course these are not devices designed to be submerged. This is the water resistance of AirPods, according to Apple:
- 3rd generation AirPods: water and sweat resistant
- AirPods Pro: water and sweat resistant
- MagSafe charging case for 3rd generation AirPods: water and sweat resistant
Neither the original AirPods, the AirPods 2, the AirPods Pro’s charging case, nor the AirPods Max are sweat and water resistant. So be careful with these devices.
Find serial number of AirPods
Although the serial number can be found on the device itself, on the case and on the earphones, perhaps Easier to do from our iPhone by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Find your AirPods in the list.
- Tap the “i” button next to the AirPods to see the serial number.
Find lost AirPods
AirPods are compatible with the iPhone Find My app so you can find them on a map and make them sound so we can find them if we lose them. Go to the Find My app on your iPhone, tap Devices below and select your AirPods.
Use AirPods as headphones
AirPods can be used as headphones. listen better to what’s going on around usWe just need to enable a button in the Control Center that will allow us to enable or disable this functionality:
- we went up Settings > Control Center.
- Now we click Customize controls.
- We add the icon Hearingan ear appears.
- All we have to do to activate it is Swipe Control Center and tap the icon.
Connect AirPods with Android and a Windows PC
AirPods are Bluetooth headphones so they can be connected to any device. you simply have to Press and hold the button on your AirPods to start the pairing mode and add it from the Bluetooth settings of the device you want to connect
Here’s everything you need to know about AirPods, a great device that’s worth a lot. With these tips, you’ll master your AirPods like no one else and get the most out of them.
Source: i Padizate