A series of new laws will come into force on October 1, many of which will affect business activity in Russia. We have selected the most relevant innovations for entrepreneurs.
- Flexible export duties linked to exchange rates: from 4% at a dollar exchange rate of 80 to 85 rubles, up to 7% at an exchange rate above 95 rubles, 0% at an exchange rate of up to 80 rubles. A separate duty on fertilizers (up to 10 percent) is levied to protect the domestic market.
- New stock lists of companies from hostile countries available to qualified investors. The Central Bank will establish a list of financial instruments that are not available to unqualified investors. These are, among other things, securities whose payment is made through the infrastructure of hostile countries and Russian receipts for shares of companies placed on the foreign exchanges of these countries.
- Tax on excess profits. WITH From October 1 to November 30, companies whose average pre-tax profit for 2021 and 2022 exceeds one billion rubles will have to make a security payment for excess profits tax, and then the rate for them under this option will be reduced from 10 to 5%.
- VAT on the labeling of fast food and beer. We have already written that the Federal Tax Service has introduced a special tax code for various burgers, and its effect begins on October 1, and producer taxes will increase from 10% to 20%. In addition, burgers’ constant companion, beer, is subject to special labeling from October 1, as are other low-alcohol drinks if they are made in glass and polymer containers. Beer in kegs has been labeled since April.
- Labeling of dietary supplements and medical products. As of October 1, antiseptics are also subject to mandatory labeling (unlabeled leftovers can be sold until September 30, 2024), wheelchairs (until August 31, 2024), dietary supplements and some medical products (until the expiration date). Manufacturers must enter information into the Chestny Znak labeling system and affix labels with the Data Matrix code on the package. Fines for legal entities: up to 300 thousand rubles (plus confiscation of property).
- New requirements for sites with recommendation algorithms. Their creative companies must not use technologies that transfer personal data to third parties or otherwise violate user rights. They must also inform users about the operation of algorithms, publish rules for the use of algorithms in Russian on the website, indicate an email for communication and the name of the site owner.
- New rules for working with the Single Tax Account (UTA). Companies will now be able (although not required) to file personal income tax notifications not once, but twice a month, by the 12th of each month and until the 25th. Charges will occur after each notification. Insurance premiums will be amortized within 24 hours from the date of reporting. A company using the simplified tax system will be able to submit notifications under the Unified Tax Code with a negative amount, the individual entrepreneur will no longer need the EPC to send notifications (the New Economic Policy will be sufficient), and until December 31, the entity Legal entity will not be able to pay other people’s taxes using its own overpayment.
- Simplified procedure for opening mobile bank offices (formerly “mobile cash transaction points”) and expanding its functionality. At these points (available even in remote and sparsely populated regions), banks will also be able to carry out loan operations, account transfers without opening a bank account, provide cash services and provide collection services to companies.
- The ability to use forced labor for individual entrepreneurs. Starting October 1, individual entrepreneurs will be able to involve those sentenced to forced labor in the basic tasks of an organization; Individual entrepreneurs have the same rights and responsibilities as organizations in this area.
- Fine employers for failing to report to the military registration and enlistment office. The obligation of the company’s management to ensure notification and attendance of citizens at military registration and enlistment offices is now enshrined in law, as well as a new fine of up to 400,000-500,000 rubles (previously the fine was 1,000 -3,000 rubles).
- Modification of the payment system for notarial services. Notarial actions will now be assessed according to a two-part system: the federal part is an analogue of the state fee, the regional part is an individual fee for each constituent entity of the Russian Federation.
In addition, from October 1, two-factor authentication will be mandatory on the federal portal “State Services”, voluntary insurance policies for bank cards will have protection against fraudulent cancellations, loan contracts will specify the total cost of services insurance and insurance. premium, the delivery of scrap metal can be paid by bank transfer, the Central Bank will increase premiums on mortgage risk coefficients and the law on the activities of workshop associations will come into force.
I am a professional journalist and content creator with extensive experience writing for news websites. I currently work as an author at Gadget Onus, where I specialize in covering hot news topics. My written pieces have been published on some of the biggest media outlets around the world, including The Guardian and BBC News.