Good morning! We’ve separated the main news from the world of Science and Technology so you know everything that happened last Thursday (23). Just click on the links below to browse the entire news.
1. Fast Shop is closing after cyber attack. In addition to disabling the store and app, Fast Shop hacked its Twitter account.
2. The Chinese government says that the value of Bitcoin will go to zero. The Chinese government has issued a warning stating that Bitcoin is just ‘a set of digital codes’; experts disagree.
3. Nubank opened a debit card account for young people aged 12-17. Nubank’s digital account for young people will be offered to customers gradually; Fathers and mothers must apply for the opening.
4. Shopee and iFood are making layoffs in Brazil. Shopee didn’t provide details on the cuts, while iFood confirmed it was making an overhaul in the country.
5. Netflix confirms new plans with streaming ads. Netflix’s format change is in response to the company’s negative numbers recorded in the last quarter.
6. The PCI Express 7.0 standard is announced at a rate of 512GB/s. With twice the bandwidth of the current version, the new standard should not be available until 2025.
7. Game of Thrones and Car Mechanic Simulator are free on Epic Games. Also see what free games to get on Epic next week!
8. Obi-Wan Kenobi: Ewan McGregor explains why Yoda isn’t in the show. Jedi Master Yoda does not appear in the Disney+ series dedicated to Obi-Wan Kenobi; Ewan McGregor Says Why!
9. Losartan: Anvisa determines the discontinuation of antihypertensive drugs. Anvisa warns that stopping taking medication for high blood pressure can cause serious harm to a patient’s health.
10. The oldest bonfire in the world is found in Israel. Studies using Artificial Intelligence (AI) have shown that ancient humans lived in the Evron quarry and burned animal bones for warmth.
Source: Tec Mundo