One of the changes in iOS 16 that remained in the main features of the system was a completely redesigned application. House to control smart gadgets.
To the point: 7 activities missing from HomeKit. Apple’s house isn’t that smart
It seems that the creators heard the requests of users and seriously redesigned both the appearance of the utilities and interacting with it. The program has received many possible changes, we consider the most possible consequences below.
Changes in the application interface
1. The appearance of the utility has completely changed. Such an innovation has been asking for a long time, because the application House has not changed since its release in 2014. The design is morally obsolete and no longer fits into the style of modern versions of iOS.
2. Added sorting by gadget types. There are now filters at the top of the home screen to select all gadgets of the same type. For example, you can display only lighting devices or only climate technology. It will turn out to quickly find gadgets without moving around the room and manage the same type of applications.
3. At the top of the screen is the camera preview window. Depending on the number of cameras added, you will see larger preview windows or a grid with smaller pictures.
4. Developers have added more icons and indicators for different gadgets. Finally, all the lamps do not look like light bulbs. Although the image library is not as large as that of external smart home control applications, it is a special step in the right direction.
5. There was a common tape with all gadgets. All groups of devices are now collected on one screen with a common ribbon. Each room follows the next, so it’s really easy to find the right device, if necessary, there are already mentioned filters.
New Switch Operation
6. Changed the logic of buttons for smart devices. If earlier it was a big switch / switch, now everything is a little different.
▣ Normal switching on and off is carried out using close to device indicator on the left side of the button.
▣ A menu with additional operating modes or options opens application to the rest of the keyboard.
▣ Long press button opens the settings menu of the smart gadget.
Rotary Switch Logic Focusing in iOS security management. Those who actively used the innovation at the beginning of this year are already accustomed to different actions, when the indicator falls on statistics and on the rest of the printers.
7. The size of the switches can now be changed. The feature does not work in the most obvious way, it allows you to increase the size of a rectangular button to a large square and vice versa.
To configure, press any of the switches, select the item Change the view “House” and want to tap on the tile to change its size. View the zoom indicator on the zoom right. Along with the change in the size of the blood, more information could be seen on larger tiles.
Changes as a result
8. The section with smart home settings is closer. Previously, the application settings and the smart home itself were hidden in the wilds of the menu and were not called in the most logical way. Currently, all parameters are collected in one department, which detects danger on the icon with affected points.
9. Sections of the main menu can be ordered. If you don’t like the abrupt splitting of the room, you can always change because of the neighing in the general feed of the main screen. To do this, go to the settings and select the item Reorder sections. In addition, you can hide or lower the less necessary sections and raise the more popular ones higher.
10. Added many background images. When customizing each of the rooms, there are several beautiful gradients available to choose from as background images. As before, it is possible to set your own photo.
11. Some devices can be hidden from the main menu. The main screen of the application does not have to have all the gadgets and display all the cameras in the house. Although it is not a composite “favorites” menu, some devices can be hidden from it, and you can find them when viewing each specific room.
Other HomeKit innovations
12. Added support for the Matter standard. We’ve already taken a closer look at what this innovation means for the Apple gadget and smart home ecosystem. Unfortunately, the release has been delayed, the chip is expected to be released by the end of 2022.
To the point: 10 new features in iOS 16 that won’t be released in the fall
13. iPad can become a HomeKit rollerblade. Using a tablet in a roller hub is an inefficient undertaking, especially for iOS 15. The iPad is on a par with the speakers. homepod and prefixes Apple TV.
With release iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 Tablets first disappeared from the list of available devices, but then they are again easy to use in the space of a home center with a focus on restrictions.
Without a smart speaker or a suitable Apple TV box in the house unable to add gadgets to the Matter protocol.
14. Added smart home widgets for the lock screen. Much attention of the audience was paid to the lock screen with widgets and information panels.
In addition to the usual informers for the clock, timer, weather and activity, widgets have been added to control the smart home. Several large and small panels are available, which have the status of an end accessory, selection options in a selected room, or basic parameters of an entire smart home.
Such an interesting set is available to all owners of Apple technology after updating to iOS 16.
Source: Iphones RU