Dozens of flights were delayed at Moscow airports amid snowfall, restaurateurs in the capital report a full load of premium establishments on New Year’s Eve, and the general director of Avtodom warned of a rise in the cost of cars in 2023. These and other important business news of the day are in the RB roundup.
- Norway has stopped issuing visas to Russians. Even those who received an invitation from local organizations. (Barents Observer)
- Inflation in France has reached 7.1%, said the president of the Bank of France, Francois Vileroy de Galo.
- 119 thousand workers and 12.5 thousand units of equipment were involved in snow removal in Moscow, said Deputy Mayor Petr Biryukov.
According to restaurateurs, this year Muscovites are more actively booking tables for the New Year than in the past. Some of the city’s premium establishments are already full, while others are 70-90% occupied. (Red blood cells)
Bill Gates’ TerraPower has delayed the launch of its nuclear reactor by two years, from 2028 to 2030. The reason is that all fuel supplies came from Russia.
- Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin criticized Elon Musk’s actions to block Twitter accounts and censor links to Mastodon, calling them “a path to authoritarianism.”
- 17-year-old cyber-athlete Ilya m0NESY Osipov helped G2 Esports win the $1 million CS:GO tournament in Abu Dhabi, becoming the best player in the competition.
- Former Twitter employees announced the creation of Spill, an alternative social network for authors of black content and other minorities.
Amid snowfall at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo, Domodedovo and Vnukovo airports, 65 flights were delayed and 13 cancelled.
At the beginning of 2023, the cost of new cars will increase by 10%, said Andrey Olkhovsky, chief executive officer of the Avtodom Group of Companies.
According to the representative of “Rolf” Maxim Zlatokrylets, by the end of the first quarter of 2023, all stocks of cars of foreign brands have been exhausted, except for Chinese and, possibly, Korean ones. Additional deliveries are only possible via parallel import channels.
- Tour operator Tez Tour said Russian tourists stuck in Egypt due to problems with iFly will be taken out from December 18 to 21 on Red Wings, Egypt Air and Corendon flights.
I am Bret Jackson, a professional journalist and author for Gadget Onus, where I specialize in writing about the gaming industry. With over 6 years of experience in my field, I have built up an extensive portfolio that ranges from reviews to interviews with top figures within the industry. My work has been featured on various news sites, providing readers with insightful analysis regarding the current state of gaming culture.