In the first quarter of 2023, only 5% of shoppers ordered groceries online, while the remaining 95% shopped offline. This is demonstrated by the study of the “Package” service of X5 Group.

Only 5% of Russians order groceries online: study

Most of the purchases were made in Moscow (19%) and the Moscow Region (12%). Residents of St. Petersburg bought a little less – 8%.

Fourth place is shared by Krasnodar and the Republic of Tatarstan. The share of purchased goods is 5%. A similar situation is found in the Sverdlovsk and Samara regions – 4% each. The 10 most active cities in terms of shopping are closed by the Rostov (3%) and Nizhny Novgorod (2%) regions.

The most demanded products were dairy (17%), groceries (12%), juices and waters, representing 11% of the total products purchased. They are slightly lower than fruits and vegetables – 10%. The confectionery received 9%.

After analyzing the consumption habits of their customers, the Paket experts drew a portrait of a typical customer. It turned out that women go to grocery stores more often than men.

The main age of buyers is 30-40 years. At the same time, the purchasing activity of people under 20 years of age corresponds to the level of activity of people from 60 to 70 years of age, only 2%.

Among the X5 chains, Pyaterochka took the leading position in terms of sales in the first quarter of the year – 82%. The second most popular at 13% was “Crossroads”. At the same time, the online platforms of the networks had a similar demand, it amounted to 2%.

E-Com Heroes – a free private community of Russian-speaking entrepreneurs who want to start or develop an e-commerce business abroad. Apply


Natalia Gormaleva

Source: RB

Previous articlePlatim payment service distributed options for 10 million rubles to five employees
Next articleiOS updates can be felt with less than 50% battery
I am a professional journalist and content creator with extensive experience writing for news websites. I currently work as an author at Gadget Onus, where I specialize in covering hot news topics. My written pieces have been published on some of the biggest media outlets around the world, including The Guardian and BBC News.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here