The EU has no intention of connecting Rosselkhozbank to SWIFT as part of a grain deal, “corporate patriots” proposed a six-day work week in Russia, Lada Granta became the most discussed car and other news on May 22 .
- The European Union does not intend to connect Rosselkhozbank to SWIFT as part of a grain deal, EU Foreign Service representative Peter Stano said. Connection options are still being worked out, among them is the use of a Turkish bank as an intermediary, writes RIA Novosti.
- “Business Patriots” proposed to introduce a six-day working week in Russia. According to the authors of the initiative, this will help strengthen the economy in the face of sanctions.
- In 2022, the Russian courier delivery market grew by 24.5% and amounted to 1.7 trillion rubles. The delivery of goods from online stores and marketplaces accounted for 788 billion rubles.
- Several insurers plan to increase health insurance rates for those traveling abroad, Kommersant learned. According to some estimates, growth could be 20-40%.
- Bananas may become a socially significant commodity in Russia, and import duties on them may be temporarily reset to zero, Izvestia writes.
- After the departure of foreign car brands, users of social networks more often talked about Lada Granta. The cost also affected the popularity – this is one of the few models worth up to 1 million rubles.
I am a professional journalist and content creator with extensive experience writing for news websites. I currently work as an author at Gadget Onus, where I specialize in covering hot news topics. My written pieces have been published on some of the biggest media outlets around the world, including The Guardian and BBC News.