Making videos on TikTok is a lot easier than you might initially imagine if you’ve never made one before.
There are trendy ones that everyone does all the time, like the Lip Sync type, Karaoke or Duo, where you can use another Tiktoker’s video to create a copy.
But it may also be that you want to make regular videos, that is, when you go out and explain something, put some kind of effect, text or emoji.
You can also use third party apps to create much more professional videos that you then post to the social network formerly known as Musica.ly.
Whatever the type of video, we’ll explain how to do it so you can start your TikTok journey.
How to make a video
The truth is that if it was difficult to make videos on TikTok, it would not be such a successful application as it is now. It’s very easy to make a video and give it certain touches.
As you can see, we have to install and register the app, so we can follow the next steps to create our first video:
- We are logged into TikTok.
- Once inside we press the symbol + which appears in the lower right corner in the center of the screen.
- As you will see, this will take us to a new window where we will have several options, the main one being Red button the big one in the center of the screen below.
- If we just want to record how we say something, using press that red button This will be more than enough as it will start recording whatever we want. You should know that the moment we press it again, the recording is paused in order to continue as soon as we press it again.
- Just above the button we’re talking about, we can choose video duration from 15 seconds, 60 seconds or 3 minutes.
From here, TikTok offers us other types of add-ons so that we can include videos in the form of options that we will have on the top right side of the screen.
These options can be extremely interesting for enhancing a video or giving it a different structure.
- Turn: this allows us to choose which camera to use: front or back.
- Speed: here we can change the speed of the recorded video.
- Filters: the part where we are going to include a number of different filters to give the video a distinctive touch.
- Undercut: here it will allow us to interpret the image of our face in order to beautify it, either with different options for it or with the standard filters in the makeup section.
- Timer: The timer is very handy as you know exactly when to start recording.
As soon as we record the video, we will click on red button in one click which appears on the right, at which point it will allow us edit video with the ability to place text, stickers, effects, filters, if necessary, you can change it in the cutout, adjust privacy, noise reduction system, voice effects, place a voice-over or put music on it.
When we like him in every way, it’s time to click on Next put Description to video. You can then tag the people who appear in it, add a link, control who can view the video, and allow or disallow comments or duets among other options.
If instead of writing a new one, we want to place photo or video already recorded that is, in the memory of our smartphone, instead of pressing the red button that we indicated earlier, you only need to press to the right of it where is the galleryto then choose what we want to include.
How to create a lip sync
Lip Sync are videos where people he sings along to his favorite songsomething you’ve probably seen on TikTok as there are thousands of videos like this.
If you want to feel like your favorite singer, the steps you have to follow are very simple:
- Login to TikTok and press the button again + button bottom of the screen.
- Now we click on add soundwhich is at the top of the screen.
- We are looking for a song which we like so much and we select it by pressing the button red confirmation button.
- Now when we press record button. The song will start and this is the moment we should start playing. We can use a timer if we want.
- After that click on Next and set the description and manage the options that we have already told you about in the previous paragraph.
How to duet
The duet consists of publishing video next to another TikTok creator’s video. So duo contains two videos playing simultaneously on a split screen.
As we said earlier, when creating a video, you can choose whether you want it to be used by others to create a Duet or not. So not all TikTok videos support this feature.
To perform Duo, follow these steps:
- Open TikTok and We are looking for a video that we can use to make a duet.
- Once we have the locator, we click on arrow bottom right from the screen of our phone.
- Among all the options that appear, we are going to click on Duet.
- So Tiktok tells you what it is video processingso that after a few seconds we can see our camera appear on one side and the video of our choice on the other.
- Currently It remains only to write down what we wanteither make faces or talk pressing the red record button from the bottom center.
- Then we click on Next and then we write a description to publish it.
Use third party apps
If what TikTok offers us in terms of video preparation seems insufficient, we can always use third party apps to make the video more entertaining.
First of all, there are three apps that are perfect for this task and that are also very easy to use.
- Inshot Video Editor: It is an extremely versatile program in which we can create real works of art for TikTok, thanks to the many tools and the great ability to share on social networks. It has a wide range of visuals and sound effects, though it doesn’t have a library of free songs. If you don’t want the video to be watermarked, you’ll have to pay for the pro version.
- iMovie: it is very easy to use, it has a large library of songs and sound effects, it includes templates to make everything much easier. You’ll also be able to cut your material, create PIP or green screen effects, record voices, and more. The only thing missing is additional video editing options.
- Canvas: This is another very good application, especially because it has a large number of templates that can be used to create very original TikTok videos and, above all, with much less effort than if we did it manually. Fortunately, in the free version we have several options.
These are the most popular videos on TikTok all the time. Then there may be times when a call or type of video can be trendy, timely, just like there are songs that are used more than others on a social network.
Dance videos are also very fashionable, but knowing how to record videowhat we have already told you, dance is already everyone’s business.
Source: Computer Hoy
I am Bret Jackson, a professional journalist and author for Gadget Onus, where I specialize in writing about the gaming industry. With over 6 years of experience in my field, I have built up an extensive portfolio that ranges from reviews to interviews with top figures within the industry. My work has been featured on various news sites, providing readers with insightful analysis regarding the current state of gaming culture.