Following the hack and massive data leak that occurred a few days ago, Insomniac Games has finally broken their silence. PlayStation Studios released a statement on its X (Twitter) account addressing the incident and its aftermath.

Although the developers of games such as Spider-Man 2, Ratchet and Clank: A Separate Dimension and not yet released Wolverine They were grateful for the support from the industry, they also expressed sadness and anger for what happened.

Games for insomnia appreciated the experience as “extremely concerning” and assured that it was working to obtain the full extent of the information compromised during the hack. In any case, the company admitted that among the stolen items were the personal data of its employees – both current and former, as well as preliminary versions WolverinePS5 game announced in 2021.

Let’s keep in mind that the playable part of the Wolverine game has actually been leaked in recent days. This production will be the first of a trilogy dedicated to X-Menfuture deliveries of which will begin on the market in 2029 and 2033, as it became known from the leak.

Insomniac Games has already stated that, despite a leak and a large amount of material that became known, development plans Wolverine will remain untouched. According to rumors, this game will be available from 2025.

“We want everyone to enjoy the games we develop as intended and as our players deserve. However, like Logan, Insomniac is resilient. [El desarrollo de] Marvel’s Wolverine continues as planned. The game is in early production and will undoubtedly change greatly throughout the development process, as with all of our plans. While we appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm, we will share official information about Marvel’s Wolverine when the time is right,” the study says.

Insomniac Games and one of the biggest leaks in the industry

The Insomniac Games case had huge consequences as it was exposed after it was hacked over 1.3 million confidential files. For many video game experts, this is one of the most important leaks in the history of the industry. Possibly on par with what Rockstar Games suffered GTA 6.

The Rhysida ransomware group has claimed responsibility for an attack on a firm owned by PlayStation Studios. Hackers demanded from Sony and Insomniac Games an amount exceeding the amount 2 million dollars in bitcoins so as not to disclose stolen information. However, after the deadline of 7 days, most of the data appeared online.

After the material was revealed, the hackers said they had given away 98% of the stolen goods. And the remaining 2% would be sold. However, it is unknown which documents were sold and in whose hands they ended up.

Beyond the details Wolverine and Insomniac Games’ roadmap to 2033, hacking will reveal much more. Reportedly KotakuSome of the content revealed after the leak includes notes Sony puts pressure on its studios reduce development costs for their exclusive AAA games.

In addition, the company planned numerous layoffs and until the possible closure of one of the companies owned by PlayStation Studios. However, it is unknown whether these plans were still under consideration or whether they had already been implemented.

Source: Hiper Textual

Previous articleRussian market will start providing micro loansScience and technology20:22 | December 22, 2023
Next articleRKN will carry out unscheduled inspections against information leaksScience and technology20:36 | December 22, 2023
I am Bret Jackson, a professional journalist and author for Gadget Onus, where I specialize in writing about the gaming industry. With over 6 years of experience in my field, I have built up an extensive portfolio that ranges from reviews to interviews with top figures within the industry. My work has been featured on various news sites, providing readers with insightful analysis regarding the current state of gaming culture.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here