The Russians began to buy more expensive instruments and sound equipment (the average check grew by 30%), the Ministry of Digital Development prohibits employees from using Apple for official purposes, reports on the development of 5G outside the “golden range” and advocates an increase in the military age of IT people, General Motors fantasizes about an electric SUV, Elon Musk about the fight with Zuckerberg, and RB continues to objectively cover news that is interesting to entrepreneurs.
- The average check in musical instrument and audio equipment stores in the Russian Federation increased by 30% compared to last year (RIA Novosti).
- The Ministry of Digital Development plans to raise the army retirement age for IT specialists to 30 years.
- The head of the department, Maksut Shadayev, also said that employees, as planned, were prohibited from using Apple equipment for official purposes.
- He also spoke about the development project of the 5G standard: the “golden range” of radio frequencies (3.4-3.8 GHz, which is used, among other things, by the military) will be closed for these purposes, the industry of telecommunications will get other frequencies. .
- General Motors has presented the first development sketches of the Cadillac Escalade IQ electric SUV.
- Intel regained a 3% market share in the second quarter of 2023 as the PC market recovers from ten-year lows in the first quarter (Mercury Research).
- OnePlus says next week’s Ace 2 Pro display can be used in the rain: Rainwater Touch Control will help register touches even when water falls on the touchscreen.
- In the first half of 2023, the volume of import financing by factoring companies reached 31.5 billion rubles, almost six times more than in the first half of 2022, and twice as much as in the first half of the record year of industry 2021 (AFK).
- A US court has canceled the house arrest of former crypto exchange FTX owner Sam Bankman-Fried, who tried to influence witnesses at least twice, and he will be jailed.
- Elon Musk said that the fight with Mark Zuckerberg would take place in an ancient setting (“Everything in the setting will be Ancient Rome, so nothing modern), the Italian Ministry of Culture confirmed the negotiations, but clarified that the real city of The battle would not be Rome, but Zuck stressed that he did not receive an invitation for a specific date, so he advises the audience to follow his messages and not Musk’s speculation.
I am a professional journalist and content creator with extensive experience writing for news websites. I currently work as an author at Gadget Onus, where I specialize in covering hot news topics. My written pieces have been published on some of the biggest media outlets around the world, including The Guardian and BBC News.