Good morning! We’ve separated the main news from the world of Science and Technology so you know everything that happened last Wednesday (01). Just click on the links below to browse the full story of each news.
1. The government is committed to increasing game taxes this month. The current finance minister, Fernando Haddad, has said he will roll back the video games exemption in March, with the support of President Lula.
2. Windows 12: Microsoft and Intel are working on the next system update. Internally, Intel has already announced that most modern CPUs will support the Windows 12 operating system, which should be released next year.
3. Nubank has launched its digital currency, Nucoin, with a new benefits program. Nubank customers will be able to accumulate Nucoins digital currencies, for example, to participate in cash sweepstakes.
4. Season 3 premieres of The Mandalorian; when every episode comes out. Pedro Pascal returned yesterday (01) as Din Djarin in new adventures.
5. Blocking pirated IPTVs on TV Box in Brazil is the ‘return’ of torrenting? Anatel will block illegal IPTV signals and users using pirated TV Box will lose access to the signal; What does this mean in practice?
6. Meta removed 1.9 million posts about elections in Brazil and is quoting regulation. Meta, owner of Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp, says the responsibility for occupying the buildings in Praça dos Três Poderes lies with the criminals, not him.
7. Google Wallet wins subway and train ticket option in SP. Metro and CPTM tickets are stored in Google Wallet and can be used even when there is no internet connection on the mobile phone; see details!
8. iFood announced that it is laying off 6% of its employees en masse. iFood delivery platform justified layoffs with ‘current economic scenario’; The number of dismissed employees may exceed 350.
9. The national council prohibits the use of animals in the testing of cosmetic products. The decision does not affect scientific research to develop drugs and vaccines.
10. 6 black inventors that history neglected. The great black inventors saw their contributions erased and devalued because of their color.
Source: Tec Mundo
I am a passionate and hardworking journalist with an eye for detail. I specialize in the field of news reporting, and have been writing for Gadget Onus, a renowned online news site, since 2019. As the author of their Hot News section, I’m proud to be at the forefront of today’s headlines and current affairs.