Passwords are the best way to protect your devices and personal accounts from hackers and other malicious intrusions, but they are also one of the most hated aspects of the mobile lifestyle. They are regularly lost, stolen or forgotten, and sometimes even stubbornly refuse to work for no apparent reason. And without access to certain passwords, life can be difficult. When a friend, family member, business partner, or guest visits your home, they may be required to use your Wi-Fi password p. If you don’t feel comfortable giving everyone your personal Wi-Fi password, there is an alternative.
A little-known Wi-Fi connection shortcut can make your life easier. A Wi-Fi sharing feature that debuted fall 2017 in iOS 11 and can connect any visitor to your home using an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or even your Mac running macOS High Sierra or later, without exposing or forcing your guests to record it. We’ll show you how.
You may also be interested how to set up family sharing on iphone, how to unlock iphone with mask or how to set up a new iphone without losing data.
First, you must prepare your phone by making sure your personal hotspot is disabled and that the Apple ID of the person you want to share your Wi-Fi password with is already in your contact list. The two devices must be located close to each other. In addition, both computers must be running the latest version of the iOS or iPadOS operating system. Make sure your passcode-sharing device is unlocked and connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure your guest is in your contacts, using your Apple ID email address. If it’s not, add it now via Contacts > Add > Enter details > Done.
- Enable Bluetooth on both your iPhone and your guest’s iOS device via Settings > Bluetooth (activate the switch).
- Place both devices close to each other so that your guest can access your Wi-Fi network by touching Settings > Wi-Fi > Name of your Wi-Fi network.
- When your guest taps your network name, a password window will appear on their phone. When the map appears on your iPhone, tap share password. The connection is established automatically on your guest’s device.
- When the connection is established, you will receive a notification on your iPhone. Click Done.
By successfully sharing your Wi-Fi password, you save your guests the trouble of manually entering a complicated string of letters, numbers, and symbols. With people you know and trust, this is a surefire way to make them feel welcome in your home or office.
Source: Digital Trends