Image used with permission of the copyright holder

“If you trust people and treat them like adults, they will behave like adults,” is the motto of the company’s CEO. DropboxDrew Houston, who shared what formula he uses in his company to distant work.

The company announced it will become the “first virtual” company amid the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, making remote work the default option for employees.

Houston told Fortune that Dropbox uses the 90/10 rule: 90% of the year is dedicated to remote work, with the remaining 10% spent on multiple employees located outside the office.

Remote work formula 90/10:

“I would say, ‘Your employees have options.’ These are not resources that need to be controlled,” Houston told Fortune when asked what message he would like to convey to CEOs who believe in returning to offices.

“You need a different social contract and a relinquishment of control. But if you trust people and treat them like adults, they will behave like adults. Trust trumps surveillance,” he added.

In any case, there are employees who are not yet accustomed to this rule, as they admitted that they really miss personal interaction and especially the famous “posh” company canteen.

Source: Digital Trends

Previous articleAntacids can cause dementia, and this is very serious.
Next articleWildberries began compensating sellers for the cost of replaced goods
I am Garth Carter and I work at Gadget Onus. I have specialized in writing for the Hot News section, focusing on topics that are trending and highly relevant to readers. My passion is to present news stories accurately, in an engaging manner that captures the attention of my audience.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here